Flying turboprops in Canada can be an exciting and rewarding career path. Certainly many of us avgeeks have dreamed of taking the controls of a Cessna 208 or Dash-8. For Duncan Gillespie, this was exactly the right path. In a continuation of our real world pilot series, Jason and Mark had a chat with Duncan to learn how he went from a love of flying to First Office aboard the Q400 with Air Canada Express operator, Sky Regional in Toronto.
Duncan started his career with Cameron Air, and from there moved to Porter Airlines, and finally Sky Regional. Listen in as he takes us through flying into Toronto Island at Billy Bishop Airport, how he got started, and even some technical details of flying the Q.
Featured image courtesy of Duncan Gillespie.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Duncan Gillespie on Instagram: instagram.com/airlineflyingtoronto
- FlightCast on Instagram: instagram.com/flightcastaudio
- FlightCast on YouTube: youtube.com/flightcastaudio
- FlightCast Store: flightcast.audio/shop
- Infinite Flight for iOS: itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinite-flight-flight-simulator/id471341991
- Infinite Flight for Android: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fds.infiniteflight